SCB_Bootloader CY8CKIT-049-42xx Blink Frequency | Cypress Semiconductor
SCB_Bootloader CY8CKIT-049-42xx Blink Frequency
I used the CY8CKIT-049-42xx Kit example SCB_Bootloader.cywrk and tried to modify the blinking frequency of the LED when entering the bootloader mode.
The PWM user module in the bootloader project controls the LED blinking when the bootloader is active.
In the UART_Bootloader project is a single PWM user module. Default input clock is 20 kHz, default period of the PWM is 10000 and default compare value is 5000. This gives a blinking frequency in active bootloader mode of 2 Hz.
In order to increase this frequency to 4 Hz I've set period of the PWM to 5000 and compare value to 2500.
Next steps were:
- Build the bootloader project. Then there are new *.hex and *.elf files in the .. SCB_Bootloader\Bootloadable Blinking LED.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_493\Debug\ directory.
- Open the Bootloadable blinking LED Project. Select it as the active project. Set the path in configuration menu of the bootloadable user module to the the new generated *.hex and *.elf files .
- Build the bootloadable project.
- Select Tools -> Bootloader Host and select the file .. \SCB_Bootloader\Bootloadable Blinking LED.cydsn\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_493\Debug\Bootloadable Blinking LED.cyacd
- Plug the USB cable onto the KIT-049 with SW 1 hold pressed to enter bootloader mode.
- Programm the Kit with Bootloader Host
- Unplug the USB cable. Plug the USB cable again onto the KIT-049 with SW 1 hold pressed. But blinking frequency is still 2 Hz.
What was wrong? Thanks for help !