PSoc Standalone Compiler and Code Centric Workflow | Cypress Semiconductor
PSoc Standalone Compiler and Code Centric Workflow
I have been playing with PSoC kits for past two months using Creator 3. I do not have any complains but only praises for the Creator. For the development workflow, i see Linux as IDE and prefer code driven development instead of schematics and wizards. To get the things done, virtual box has served well. I am also aware of the reasoning behind Cypress's concentration on windows only and no chances of Linux SDK.
I am checking if Code only Workflow for PSoC exists. May be i am not looking at the right places, any pointers, corrections or documents for following issues will help a lot.
- Is it possible to generate the final hex for microcontroller as well as programmable logic using code and a compiler outside the Creator.
- Are the PLDs 'fused' during the programming or configured when the chip is powered.
- The microcontroller part of the chip i think is stanard ARM. Am i correct on this.
- Can Linux GCC ARM be used at all to produce the binary that makes use of both part of the chip. arm only example: http://regalis.com.pl/en/arm-cortex-stm32-gnulinux/
- If above is not possible is there any document that explains commandline workflow on Windows using Cypress toolchain.
- My usage senario was to setup a cloud server with windows and do the code generation and compiling part as a remote service.