Here's the procedure to make your programmer work with Windows8-
(Please post your queries in the original thread at http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2232&rID=74548)
Programming PSoC using Programmer on Windows 8 - KBA85688
Question: How to install PSoC Programmer and drivers on Windows 8?
Kindly follow this procedure to program your PSoC device with Windows 8 OS:-
1) Upgrade your Programmer to 3.17 from the link “http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38050&source=header”.
2) This step is based on the type of OS:-
a. If your Windows is 32 bit then download “drivers_32bit.zip” file in your computer. Unzip this file and copy folder “drivers” at location “C:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\3.17\”.
b. If your Windows is 64 bit then download “drivers_64bit.zip” file in your computer. Unzip this file and copy folder “drivers” at location “C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\3.17\”.
3) Go inside the folder “drivers” which you have copied and run the “driver.bat” file.
4) Plug-in MiniProg3 in the USB port of the PC, you should be able to see it in device manager.
5) And you will be able to program you devices now.