You are here

CYBLE-022001-00 issues using EZ-Serial firmware platform | Cypress Semiconductor

CYBLE-022001-00 issues using EZ-Serial firmware platform

Summary: 17 Replies, Latest post by e.pratt_1639216 on 27 Jun 2017 07:53 AM PDT
Verified Answers: 3
Last post
Andrey K's picture
User
8 posts

Hi everyone. I'm trying to use CYBLE-022001-00 with my own board but it doesn't work. I receive a 'NAC' error when I send anything. What does it mean? What have I done wrong?

Attachments: 
e.pratt_1639216's picture
User
638 posts

Most likely it stands for "Not Acceptable Command"

Try using the correct commands to interface with it; 

Here is the page with the datasheet on it: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/datasheets/cyble-212020-01-ez-bletm...

jrow's picture
Cypress Employee
164 posts

Hi Andrey,

This behavior is the result of manufacturing test firmware being on the module. If this module was manufactured before January of 2017, then it will not have EZ-Serial firmware pre-loaded on it. You can check the date of manufacture by scanning the Data Matrix code on the module's shield using a smartphone app (many labeled as "QR code scanners" have this capability).

However, the bottom line is that you will need to flash EZ-Serial firmware onto the module using the SWD interface and MiniProg3 or KitProg/compatible device before you will be able to use it with the commands you are attempting in the screenshot.

Jeff

Andrey K's picture
User
8 posts

Can I use CY8CKIT-042-BLE Pioneer Kit to upload EZ-Serial firmware or I need MiniProg3/KitProg exactly?

e.pratt_1639216's picture
User
638 posts

From the Pioneer Kit's getting started guide: "The BLE Pioneer Kit has an on-board USB programmer that works with PSoC Creator for programming or debugging your BLE design"

(It's on page 20 fyi)

Here's the AN: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an91267-getting-s...

jrow's picture
Cypress Employee
164 posts

Hi Andrey,

E.pratt is correct; you can use the KitProg on the BLE Pioneer kit to flash external modules. Just make sure you don't have a separate CYBLE-xxxxxx-EVAL module plugged into the two female headers on the main board, and make sure you have connected the SWD interface (P0.6, P0.7, XRES, GND, and VDD).

Jeff

Eric Lemanissier's picture
User
4 posts

Hi Jeff,

Is it possible to use the kitprog of CY8CKIT-043 ?

Also, by any chance, is there any way to program the EZ-Serial firmware via the UART interface from the NAC answering firmware ?

I tried to identify the production date on the data matrix, but it is not very clear (except the product number at the beginning obviously) : 21200601011638600Q1

Thanks in advance

jrow's picture
Cypress Employee
164 posts

Hi Eric,

The date code embedded in the value that you read is 1638:

21200601011638600Q1

In light of this, you definitely have a module without EZ-Serial on it. It is possible to use the KitProg interface on the BLE Pioneer Kit if you connect the SWD pins (P0.6, P0.7, XRES, VDD, and GND) from the main board to your target device.

The manufacturing test firmware has no bootloading capability built into it, so you won't be able to use UART to load new firmware. It will have to be the SWD (debug) interface.

Thanks,

Jeff

Eric Lemanissier's picture
User
4 posts

Thanks a lot, I snapped the KitProg part of the CY8CKIT-043 PSoC® 4 M-Series Prototyping Kit, and I could program the firmware flawlessly.

Amit Rajput's picture
User
2 posts

i am using  CyBle 022001 Eval board

As  i am trying to read beacons RSSI value ..i am getting -79 dbm while CySmart Application shows upto -100 dbm

As your datasheet shows RSSI range is +5 to -85dBm, find the snapshot

How do i get upto -85 dBm.??

Amit Rajput's picture
User
2 posts

Some one please help me.......