User Module Datasheet:Hardware Comparator Datasheet, CMPHW V 1.0 (CY8CLED0xD, CY8CLED0xG) | Cypress Semiconductor
User Module Datasheet:Hardware Comparator Datasheet, CMPHW V 1.0 (CY8CLED0xD, CY8CLED0xG)
- 10 mV hysteresis that can be enabled or disabled
- Programmable output polarity
- Programmable speed and power
- Direct output connection available to trip input of the HYSTCTRL User Module blocks
- Direct input selection from DualDAC8HW UM to achieve a precise, programmable comparator reference
The CMPHW User Module (UM) is a dedicated hardware comparator block (not the comparator block implemented with PSoC analog and digital blocks) that compares two input signals and switches the output to indicate the larger signal. The comparator has rail-to-rail operation with a 10 mV hysteresis that can be enabled or disabled.This UM can operate in both fast and slow mode, a useful feature depending on the end application. For example, a typical over-current protection circuit is designed to respond faster to changes in the output variable and therefore would benefit from the fast mode feature. On the other hand, an application where the comparator is used to sense a slow changing variable, such as temperature, can benefit from the slow mode of this comparator using less system power.