User Module Datasheet: SPI-based CyFi™ Transceiver Data Sheet CYFISPI (CY8C29/27xxx, CY8C24x94, CY8C21x34, CY8C21x23, CY8C24X23, CY8CLED02/04/08/16, CY8CLED03D/04D, CY8CPLC20, CY8CLED16P01) | Cypress Semiconductor
User Module Datasheet: SPI-based CyFi™ Transceiver Data Sheet CYFISPI (CY8C29/27xxx, CY8C24x94, CY8C21x34, CY8C21x23, CY8C24X23, CY8CLED02/04/08/16, CY8CLED03D/04D, CY8CPLC20, CY8CLED16P01)
Sep 11, 2012
Features and Overview
- Hardware driver for a SPI-based CyFi™ radio transceiver
- Operates in the unlicensed worldwide Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) band (2.400 GHz–2.483 GHz)
- Supports two transmission modes (8DR and GFSK)
- DSSS data rates up to 250 Kbps, GFSK data rate of 1 Mbps
- DSSS technology provides robust noise immunity
- Selectable frequency, TX power and framing parameters (Length, CRC16, Auto ACK)
- Receive Signal Strength Indication (RSSI)
- Integrated power amplifier provides up to +4 dBm TX power
- Output power control range of 34 dB in 7 steps.
Supports multiplexing of the IRQ and MOSI functions on the MOSI pin for reduced pin consumption.
The SPI-based CyFi™ Transceiver (CYFISPI) User Module is a firmware interface to the CyFi radio modem hardware. Use the CYFISPI User Module as the basis for developing proprietary wireless protocols. The CYFISPI User Module API provides functions callable from both C and assembly to start the radio, send and receive data, change channels, transmit power, pseudo-noise codes, and more. Refer to the corresponding CyFi radio data sheet for detailed descriptions of the radio features. The CYFISPI User Module employs one digital PSoC block configured as an SPI Master to communicate with the CyFi radio transceiver. Depending on configuration, the CYFISPI User Module may consume a second digital PSoC block to monitor the radio's IRQ pin.