User Module Datasheet: SmartSense2X_EMC Datasheet SmartSense2X_EMC V 1.00 (CY8C28x45, CY8C28x52, CY8C28x13, CY8C28x33) | Cypress Semiconductor
User Module Datasheet: SmartSense2X_EMC Datasheet SmartSense2X_EMC V 1.00 (CY8C28x45, CY8C28x52, CY8C28x13, CY8C28x33)
Features and Overview
- Dual-channel SmartSense™.
- Manual and auto threshold setting for finger detection.
- Configurable sensitivity for each sensor.
- Background scan.
- Autoreset and button debounce.
- Buttons, sliders, and proximity sensors.
- Enables guided sensor and pin assignments using the SmartSense2X_EMC wizard.
- High immunity to AC mains noise, other EMI, and power supply noise.
The SmartSense2X_EMC User Module is a SmartSense algorithm on top of the dual-channel CapSense® CSD2X User Module. The SmartSense2X_EMC User Module implements CapSense capacitive sensing. CapSense is a human interface technology that operates by detecting the capacitance of the human body. This is done using sensors that consist of a conductive surface, usually a pad etched on the PCB. Because CapSense detects body capacitance, it can sense through insulating layers such as plastic or glass overlays. These overlays usually constitute the external enclosure of the device. These attributes make CapSense an attractive alternative to mechanical input devices like push buttons and potentiometers.