User Module Datasheet: SmartSense™ Auto-tuning CapSense® Sigma-Delta Datasheet SmartSense V 1.60 (CY8C21x34B) | Cypress Semiconductor
User Module Datasheet: SmartSense™ Auto-tuning CapSense® Sigma-Delta Datasheet SmartSense V 1.60 (CY8C21x34B)
Jun 21, 2013
Features and Overview
- Implements CapSense® capacitive sensing in the CY8C21x34B family of PSoC® devices.
- Auto-tunes configurable system parameters in runtime to account for sensor, IC, and PCB characteristics.
- Supports up to 24 capacitive sensors and 4 sliders.
- Supports parasitic sensor capacitance range of 5 pF to 45 pF.
- Detects touches as low as 0.1 pF, that is, a finger can be detected through up to 15 mm of glass or 5 mm of plastic.
- High immunity to AC line noise, other EMI, and power supply noise.
- Supports capacitive sensors configured as independent buttons and also as dependent arrays to form sliders.
- Provides a diplexing option that allows assigning two slider elements for every dedicated I/O pin.
- Supports slider resolution greater than the physical pitch through interpolation.
- Provides shield electrode for reliable operation with high parasitic capacitance and also in the presence of a water film.
- Enables guided sensor and pin assignments using the SmartSense™ Wizard.
- Supports proximity sensing up to a range of 5 cm (with onboard PCB trace).