User Module Datasheet: CapSense® Sigma-Delta Datasheet CSD V 2.00 (CY8C21x12, CY8CLED04) | Cypress Semiconductor
User Module Datasheet: CapSense® Sigma-Delta Datasheet CSD V 2.00 (CY8C21x12, CY8CLED04)
Apr 07, 2015
Features and Overview:
- Scan 1 to 28 capacitive sensors.
- Sensing possible with up to a 15 mm glass overlay.
- Proximity detection to 20 cm with a wire-based sensor.
- High immunity to AC mains noise, EMC noise, and power supply voltage changes.
- Supports different combinations of independent and slide capacitive sensors.
- Double slide sensor physical resolution using diplexing.
- Increase slide sensor resolution using interpolation.
- Touchpad support with two slide sensors.
- Sensing support through high resistive conductive materials (ITO films, for example).
- Shield electrode support for reliable operation in the presence of water film or droplets.
- Guided sensor and pin assignments using the CSD Wizard.
- Integrated baseline update algorithm for handling temperature, humidity, and electrostatic discharge (ESD) events.
- Easily adjustable operational parameters.
PC GUI application support for raw data monitoring and parameter optimization in real time.
Capacitive sensing using a sigma-delta modulator (CSD) gives CapSense® functionality using a switched capacitor technique with a sigma-delta modulator to convert the sensing switched capacitor current to digital code.
Translated documents are for reference only. We recommend that you refer to the English-language version of a document if you are engaged in development of a design.