User Module Datasheet: CapSense® Sigma-Delta Datasheet CSD V 1.90 (CY8C20xx7/S, CY8C20055) | Cypress Semiconductor
User Module Datasheet: CapSense® Sigma-Delta Datasheet CSD V 1.90 (CY8C20xx7/S, CY8C20055)
Features and Overview
- Immune to GPIO current transient, Vdd fluctuation, entry and exit from sleep, and IDAC RTS noise.
- Implements CapSense® capacitive sensing using sigma-delta data conversion.
- Configurable system parameters allow tuning to optimize performance in a broad range of applications.
- Supports up to 35 capacitive sensors or 6 sliders.
- Capable of detecting touches as low as 0.1 pF, that is, detecting a finger is possible through up to 15 mm of glass or 5mm of plastic.
- Supports capacitive sensors configured as independent buttons and/or as dependent arrays to form sliders.
- Effective number of slider elements can double the number of dedicated I/O pins using diplexing technique.
For more, see pdf.
The Capacitive Sensing using a Sigma Delta Modulator (CSD) User Module is based on the differential capacitive sensing method. This user module uses the Analog MUX Bus for connecting a capacitive sensing analog circuitry to any PSoC pin.