I2C Port Expander Evaluation Kit | Cypress Semiconductor
I2C Port Expander Evaluation Kit
This development kit is no longer available. This web page has been left in place for informational purposes only.
- I2C Port Expander Evaluation Board
- I2C-USB Bridge
- USB Cable (6ft/2m)
- 5V-2A DC Power Supply
- Strip of 10 Post Shunts
I2C Port Expander Evaluation Kit Mini-CD
The I2C Port Expander Evaluation Kit allows you to easily assess the following value propositions of Cypress' I2C port expander solutions:
Cypress' three I2C port expander devices (CY8C9520, CY8C9540, CY8C9560) have the following features:
- Three compatible part families that seamlessly scale up or down
- 20, 40, or 60 individually configurable IO (widest range of IOs in the industry)
- 4, 8, or 16 PWMs that map to any pin or multiple pins (Widest range of PWMs in the industry)
- 3 Kbytes, 11 Kbytes, or 27 Kbytes of User EEPROM (largest amount of user-accessible serial EEPROM in the industry)
- I2C communication up to 400 kHz
- Industrial temp range: -40 to 85 degrees Celsius
- Operating voltage: 3.0V - 5.25V
- 28-SSOP/48-SSOP/100-TQFP package options
Bottom line: One Cypress I2C Port Expander device replaces multiple port expander ICs from other vendors and flexibly integrates IO expansion, PWM functions and user EEPROM.
This kit also includes the I2C-USB Bridge, which allows hardware and software debugging of PSoC applications by seamlessly connecting your PC's USB port to your application's I2C interface.