CYV15G0101DX-VIDEO | Cypress Semiconductor
This development kit is no longer available. This web page has been left in place for informational purposes only.
The HOTLink II™ transceiver is a point-to-point or point-to-multipoint communications building block allowing the transfer of data over high-speed serial links at signaling speeds ranging from 195 to 1500 MBaud.
The frequency agility of the HOTLink II transceiver enables its application in various data and video transmission standards. The HOTLink II transceiver supports serial video transmission that complies with Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB-ASI) and Society of Motion Picture Television Engineers (SMPTE) standards. DVB is a widely accepted standard for digital video transmission, especially in the video-on-demand market. SMPTE has in turn developed several standards for serial and parallel video transmission at different speeds and formats.
The HOTLink II video evaluation board demonstrates the ability of the Cypress HOTLink II family of devices to pass video at signaling rates of up to 360 Mbps. It also demonstrates the functionality of Delta39K™ CPLD as an ideal CPLD solution for SMPTE applications, the flexible clocking abilities of CyClocksRT™, and the use of EZ-USB FX2™ USB microcontroller for video data and in-system configuration applications.
Some of the features include:
- User-friendly GUI
- Video transport at multiple data rates of 270 and 360 Mbps
- Supports DVB-ASI (270 Mbps)
- SMPTE scrambler/descrambler embedded in Delta39K CPLD
- USB port to establish board configuration
- High-speed USB FX2 to configure Delta39K CPLD and programmable clock
- Flexible clocking abilities of CyClocksRT
- External and internal loop back capability for SMPTE and DVB-ASI
- Delta39K CPLD, reconfigurable via the USB or ISR(T) Header or from the boot memory
- 12V DC supply with on-board voltage regulator to prevent noise transfer from external power sources
- On-board serial equalizer and cable driver
- LED status indicators
The software GUI is available for download from the Cypress website at the following location: CYV15G0101DXB Video Evaluation Board software
Additional information about this evaluation board can be found in the user's guide: HOTLink II™ Video Evaluation Board User's Guide