FM25V20A: 2-Mbit (256 K × 8) Serial (SPI) F-RAM with Extended Temperature | Cypress Semiconductor
FM25V20A: 2-Mbit (256 K × 8) Serial (SPI) F-RAM with Extended Temperature
2-Mbit (256 K × 8) Serial (SPI) F-RAM with Extended Temperature
- 2-Mbit ferroelectric random access memory (F-RAM) logically organized as 256 K × 8
- Very fast serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Sophisticated write protection scheme
- Device ID
- Low power consumption
- Low-voltage operation: VDD = 2.0 V to 3.6 V
- Extended temperature: –40 °C to +105 °C
- 8-pin thin dual flat no leads (TDFN) package
- Restriction of hazardous substances (RoHS) compliant
- For more, see pdf.
The FM25V20A is a 2-Mbit nonvolatile memory employing an advanced ferroelectric process. A ferroelectric random access memory or F-RAM is nonvolatile and performs reads and writes similar to a RAM. It provides reliable data retention for 121 years while eliminating the complexities, overhead, and system level reliability problems caused by serial flash, EEPROM, and other nonvolatile memories.