CY27410, 4-PLL Spread-Spectrum Clock Generator | Cypress Semiconductor
CY27410, 4-PLL Spread-Spectrum Clock Generator
4-PLL Spread-Spectrum Clock Generator
- Input frequencies
- Crystal input: 8 MHz to 48 MHz
- Reference clock: 8 MHz to 250 MHz LVCMOS
- Reference clock: 8 MHz to 700 MHz differential
- Output frequencies
- 25 MHz to 700 MHz LVDS, LVPECL, HCSL, CML
- 3 MHz to 250 MHz LVCMOS
- 1 kHz to 8 MHz for one LVCMOS output
- RMS phase jitter: 1-ps max at 12-kHz to 20-MHz offset
- PCIe 1.0/2.0/3.0 compliant
- SATA 2.0, USB 2.0/3.0, 1/10-GbE compliant
- Maximum 12 outputs split in two banks of six outputs each.
- Up to eight differential output pairs (HCSL, LVPECL, CML, or LVDS)
- Up to 12 LVCMOS outputs
- Up to 75-ps skew for differential outputs within a bank
- For more, see pdf.
The CY27410 is a standard-performance programmable clock generator with four independent fractional PLLs, which generates any frequency with a zero-ppm synthesis error. Each PLL is followed by a set of four independent dividers to generate four different frequencies from a single PLL. All four dividers are synchronized to generate phase-aligned clock outputs with minimal skew. The PLLs also support the spread-spectrum feature to reduce EMI. All four PLLs are equipped with VCXO functionality to achieve ppm granularity of output frequency.