AN64846 - Getting Started with CapSense® | Cypress Semiconductor
AN64846 - Getting Started with CapSense®
Apr 05, 2016
Capacitive touch sensing has changed the face of industrial design in products such as cellphones, PCs, consumer electronics, automotive, and white goods. Cypress CapSense solutions bring elegant, reliable, and easy-to-use capacitive touch sensing functionality to your design. Our capacitive touch sensing solutions have replaced more than four billion mechanical buttons.
This guide is an ideal starting point for those who are new to capacitive touch sensing (CapSense®) as well as for learning key design considerations and layout best practices to ensure design success.
In addition, you can use this guide to:
- Become familiar with the technology underlying CapSense solutions
- Understand important design considerations, such as layout, schematic, and EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference)
- Become familiar with the CapSense product portfolio
- Select the right device for your application
- Migrate between CapSense devices
- Become familiar with the many resources available to support your entire design cycle
Translated documents are for reference only. We recommend that you refer to the English-language version of a document if you are engaged in development of a design.