PSoC Creator 3.3 released with significant new features. | Cypress Semiconductor
PSoC Creator 3.3 released with significant new features.
As you may already know, PSoC Creator 3.3 is available for download on the Cypress website (http://cypress.com/creator). There are some significant new features in this release including:
- A “Guided Pin Selection” feature for PSoC 4 devices which helps customers make optimal decisions when choosing what pins to assign each of their signals.
- A Resource Meter to showing a convenient graph showing the current utilization of the PSoC’s resources (IO, UDBs, Flash, SRAM, etc.) See the graphic on the right. After you build your project, open up the Resource Meter from the View menu in PSoC Creator (Alt-V-R).
- An enhanced Example Project Browser, which now finds kit projects, component examples, and starter designs.
- A new Project Wizard replaces the existing, error-prone New Project dialog with a multi-step wizard, enabling the use of code examples, kit projects, and templates as start-points for a new design.
- A new feature called Macro Callbacks allows users to call their own code from within the Cypress automatically generated code.
As usual, we’ve made many quality improvements and minor enhancements. I strongly encourage you to install PSoC Creator 3.3. You don’t even have to uninstall other versions of PSoC Creator to use this exciting new tool. You can find more information, including the complete Release Notes, on the PSoC Creator product page at http://cypress.com/creator.
I touched on the Resource Meter in this post. We’ll talk more about the other features in future posts.
Yours in PSoC,
--Matt Landrum (email@example.com)