Design Long-Range, Bluetooth Applications with The New EZ-BLE PSoC XT/XR Module | Cypress Semiconductor
Design Long-Range, Bluetooth Applications with The New EZ-BLE PSoC XT/XR Module
Cypress announced its long-range Bluetooth LE module at the Bluetooth World in March 2016. Evaluation and development boards are now available to enable you to get started with the module.
The EZ-BLETM PSoC® XT/XR Module offers up to 400-meters (full Line-Of-Sight) range in an open-air environment. Other key features include:
- Extended operating temperature grade (-40°C to +105°C)
- Small form-factor (9.5 mm × 15.4 mm × 1.80 mm with shield)
The module is built to reduce your design cycle time with:
- Full-certification for FCC (USA), CE (Europe) , MIC (Japan), KC (Korea), and IC (Canada) regulations
- Bluetooth SIG 4.1 qualification with a QDID that customers can refer to when building their Bluetooth Smart end products
To get started with the module:
- Buy a BLE Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A)
- Buy a EZ-BLE™ PSoC XT/XR Evaluation Board (CYBLE-224110-EVAL)
- Download the free PSoC Creator 4.0 IDE
- Read the Getting Started with EZ-BLE™ Module application note
With long-range wireless, the interoperability of Bluetooth and the simplicity of PSoC Creator only your imagination limits your application!