Segment LCD Direct Drive with PSoC 1: Yes, it is real, and Yes, it is simple. | Cypress Semiconductor
Segment LCD Direct Drive with PSoC 1: Yes, it is real, and Yes, it is simple.
Yes, it is real
With no external driver required, the “Segment LCD Driver” is the first user module that truly enables the easy-to-use and command-and-control development tool for low cost LCD segment direct drive with PSoC 1 with no external components required. This user module (SLCD) applies to all the PSoC 1 families.
- Multiplexed -1/2 bias supported
- 2, 3, and 4 common LCD drive
- 30-150 Hz refresh rate
- LCD Drive technique using analog MUX bus
- Option of 1/2 bias to be generated externally or internally
- Supports Type A waveform only
- Contrast Control
Yes, it is simple
A wizard is available in PSoC Designer to shoot for "skill barrier."After the wizard is complete and the project is built, constants for all displays with corresponding IDs are available in the SLCD.inc and SLCD.h files. There are three main sections (shown with additional color coding in the figure) of the SLCD Wizard:
- LCD Specification: Specify the number of common lines and segment lines, add or remove numeric or alphanumeric displays, and add or remove digits to or from a display.
- Segment-Common Mapping Table: Maps segments and symbols to commons according to the LCD specification.
- Pin Assignment: Assigns the bias pin, and common and segment lines to PSoC pins and sets group size for displays.