PSoC5 - Challenge your creativity - Be the first set of Engineers to innovate using PSoC5 | Cypress Semiconductor
PSoC5 - Challenge your creativity - Be the first set of Engineers to innovate using PSoC5
PSoC5 is sampling and already creating a lot of excitement. In my opinion, PSoC5 is the beginning of what will be the holy grail of next generation embedded design methodology. It has the best of all worlds:
- ARM Cortex M3 32-bit CPU (looks good on your resume)
- Analog integration (you can design complete analog signal chains with ultra high precision, all within PSoC).
- Programmable logic that allows you design your own or use pre-designed peripherals
- an IDE (PSoC Creator) that allows IP re-use (In fact this will be the first platform in the world with the ability to create re-useable mixed signal IP that encapsulates both hardware and firmware)
- Powerful DMA engine that off-loads CPU for all operations that require high throughput between different peripherals. The word DMA here is misleading since we can also do peripheral to peripheral transactions apart from peripheral to memory.
- By now you are thinking "This is going to be one power-hungry device due to all the features and flexibility". Not true. The power numbers are competitive with stand-alone MCU devices.
With such an architecture the possibilities of the various applications it can be used with are endless. Sky is the limit. As we are already starting to see some out of the box ideas as abstracts, join the band-wagon while it is still early.
Be the first set of Engineers out there to use PSoC5 and also win some cash and kits as part of the ARM Cortex M3 PSoC5 Design Challenge. To start go to http://www.cypress.com/go/challenge
See what my colleague Bobby has to say about the contest in this short video at (scroll all the way down): http://www.cypress.com/?id=3271
For example: See what our CyPros partner Rolf Nooteboom has done using the PSoC Architecture: http://www.cypress.com/?rID=40358
The same platform can be used to work in a variety of applications: Portable Medical, Audio (iPod, iPhone, iPad) docking, Internet Radio, System Management Control (Thermal Management and Power Management), Home Automation, Factory Automation, Security and Surveillance, Human Interface Touch Panels and Displays. etc.